Frequently Asked Questions

Please click on a question below to reveal the answer:

The office is open from 9:00am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday. We are closed all statutory holidays.

Yes. All dogs within the Town of Teulon require a license. Dog licenses are due January 31 and need to be renewed annually. Cost is $12 for spayed or neutered and $24 for those that aren't until May 31, the price increases by $6 after June 1.  Licenses are available at the Teulon Civic Centre located at #44 Fourth Ave SE or click here.

The hours are 10am to 5pm, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Yes there is a 2 bag limit. Anything over that requires a sticker which can be purchased at $2 each. There is no limit to the amount of recyclables.

Residential garbage pickup is on Fridays. If it lands on a statutory holiday, garbage pickup will be on the Thursday before or Monday after. This information is always posted on our website and Facebook.

Taxes are due the 31st of August. Penalties apply starting September 1 at 1.25% per month. Sewer bills are due at the end of August as well.

Sewer bills are due August 31st, with penalties of 1.25% starting September 1st. Please note, if your bank takes care of your property tax payment they DO NOT pay the sewer bill as well, this is the individuals responsibility.

We have multiple different payment options to pay tax, sewer, or AR bills. This includes e-transfer, cash, cheque, OptionPay, Telpay, debit and direct deposit. Click here for more information on each method.

Building permits are issued through the South Interlake Planning District, located in Stonewall and Rosser. The phone number there is (204) 467-5587.

Every effort will be made to clean the streets in Town as soon as the snowfall stops. The Department of Highways is responsible for clearing Main Street and Beach Road. Residents are advised to not push snow into ditches as it will effect drainage in the spring. For more information, visit our Snow Clearing page by clicking here.

Clean the line from the house using a company such as Garry's Drain, Unijet or Rotorooter. There are many more. If the contractor advises the blockage is on the property line or Town property, the line should be videoed at your expense. Upon receipt of the video as proof of blockage, cost sharing may occur to correct the problem.

Council meetings take place every second Tuesday of each month. Committee of the Whole meetings take place on the last Wednesday of every month (excluding December).

Tax certificates are $40.00.